New Map - Server Town - Quests

1 reply
Votes:
+241
Admins
Admin
Veteran +
Hey folks,

We're happy to announce that we're planning a Farmitect map reset and update for Friday 27th July. We have lots of exciting stuff planned, which I hope you will all enjoy. The server itself will go down around the 23rd for world pre-generation.

Mod Changes
Notable changes will include the removal of Animania and Extra Utilities, and the addition of Ancient Warfare, Ender IO and Custom NPCs. Also replacing Iron Backpacks with a different backpack mod. I'm also considering adding a gravestone mod, but I'm still on the fence about that one.

Server town and the re-introduction of Quests
So as it says in the title, we're creating a server town and re-adding quests, which I know you all be happy with, so many people have asked me to re-add quests. The server town will be built in creative, will be incorporated into Spawn, will be open to everyone; and entirely optional. The town will be split into four distinct districts; A shop district, a low cost district (for starter homes), a middle cost district, and a high end district. Each district will be decorated according to their plot size. The town will be built into the landscape, so there will be lots of biomes to choose from.

For the quests, we will be using Custom NPCs to make small sets of quests, no main storyline and nothing will be dependant on it. We'll be adding them over time and will need your help to suggest some short storylines for them. You can submit your suggestions here: https://goo.gl/forms/JrhzVvU7BAHk0knq2 If you would like to help make some skins for the NPCs, please message me on Discord - yepidoodles#5971

Included in the town will be various public buildings and structures, these will serve as decoration and for places for the NPCs, which will have quests. Once the map is public, if anyone would like to give the town additional decorations such as using Chisels and bits, that would be fantastic.

The town will also feature a "Builder's board", where players can ask to have their name on it, to show they are wanting to be available to be hired to build houses for players, as the server town will require you to build actual houses. There will be a full rules list available on the release.

The aim is to create a space which not only brings people together, but also to give a sense of purpose, always having something to do; whether it be quests, exploring the town and seeing what people are building or just wanting to be a part of something. Under no circumstances is it’s aim to aid the players unfairly against those who wish to build out in the wild, although it would give some respite from mobs.

I will have a beta pack available for you to try by the end of today.

If you have any thoughts, comments or suggestions, please post them below or join us on Discord in #server-discussion. I hope you're excited about this as I am!

All my love,

~ Alice
export-23_zpszzlbgghg.png
Posted Jul 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+241
Admins
Admin
Veteran +
The beta version of the modpack is now available, you can access it via: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/dt-testpack.617902

Please note this is recycled from another beta, so delete it first before updating it. I haven't done the scripts yet, I'll do those next week, but you can check it out nonetheless.

~ Alice
export-23_zpszzlbgghg.png
Posted Jul 6, 18 · OP
Top Posters
148 Posts
113 Posts
107 Posts
NoticeNotices