Main Forum

A more "agressive" strategy angainst the lag

3 replies
Votes:
Veteran
Failzure/Alice,
I have a suggestion for fixing the lag.
Everyone hates the lag(and of course you knew that already).
So let me begin,
Some issues are only present when of course the object causing the problem is present, so even a reset can sometimes only be a temporal fix because someone may make the buggy item again.
So my suggestion is, you make a full server backup and let Arcana Tech undergo some kind of kind of "Debug Week" where you remove or disable many mods and advise the community to disable them in the main menu. That way you could isolate the issue faster because no new update would have to roll out everyday to test the server under full load.
This of course is only a suggestion and should in no way be advising and i really appreciate the efforts of the server team to fix the issues.^^

~HoellerAT
Posted Aug 11, 17 · OP
Votes:
Veteran
PS:Sorry if my grammar is bad.
Posted Aug 11, 17 · OP
Votes:
+59
Veteran +
Veteran
At this point in time any thing we do to resolve the lag is just a stop gap measure, even if we find 1 or more mods responsible i believe it will have a negative impact on the players if we remove them now, that doesn't mean i'm giving up on making arcanatechnologies but i believe our best hope is to move into the next version, move into minecraft 1.11, or even 1.12 if the process takes that long, i am currently testing a 1.11 version but its some ways off as its a singleplayer only test and we don't currently have a way to even test it on a server, so in the mean time what will probably happen is we will try and manage the worst cases as they appear and let the server run its course, until sufficient time has passed or we are unable to keep it functioning in a way that would be considered playable. (I have added another daily restart at this present time inorder to help combat some the accumulated issues that build up over the evening.)
Posted Aug 11, 17 · Last edited Aug 12, 17 by [Vet+] falizuresw...
List
Undo
Votes:
Veteran
Ok, good luck with 1.11/12. ^^
Posted Aug 12, 17 · OP
Top Posters
148 Posts
113 Posts
107 Posts
NoticeNotices